There are wide-spread situations when a just received contract via fax email service is supposed to be signed and faxed back. Or there’s a PDF / Word document needed to be printed on paper, hand-signed, then scanned and sent by fax. That process is time consuming and returns users to paperwork that they are trying so hard to avoid.
Popfax is working hard to achieve that perfect paperless fax service and now it is eliminating paper from the loop by providing its users with incorporated Digital signature tool that allows capturing signature directly on the electronic document without requiring paper or ink.
How to Digitally Sign Documents with Popfax
The first step is to create a digital image of a signature – there are multiple ways of doing that:
Option #1. Upload signature
1. Scan signature using a scanner device or take a photo using a smartphone or tablet.
2. Save the image file in one of the following formats: JPG, PNG, GIF and max file size of 8MB.
3. Upload the saved signature file to Popfax account.
Option #2. Draw signature
The draw feature allows user to draw his signature directly in the Popfax interface.
Option #3. Type signature
User can type his name and/or surname in one of 4 available fonts and use it as signature for documents and faxes signing.
Option #4. Upload signature by email
Upload signature by sending an email with an image attached to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address registered in the Popfax account. Subject and Body of the email can be empty.
Signature Editor allows to crop, rotate and adjust threshold of the created signature image.
The next step involves putting the e-signature image into the document. Also it is possible to insert the Date and as free text the company details like: name, address, contact phone number, email, etc.
The last step is sending the Signed document by fax by clicking on “Save and send by fax”.
Faxes editing and digital signature tool on iPhone and iPad
With Popfax, user has one account, with one login that he can access from his tablet, smartphone, desktop and laptop, online and by email.
The fax app for iOS supports digital signature and documents editing. iPhone and iPad users can install the last 4.0.0 version of Popcompanion fax software for iOS and start to:
- edit and sign faxes both sent from or received in Popfax account, and resend them to any fax number.
- create signatures by drawing, taking a picture or selecting a photo with a signature from photo library; or use signatures previously saved in section „Signatures” of Popfax account.
- create editable documents by taking a picture with camera, browsing them from photo library or from other applications by using function “Open With”.
Go mobile, Go paperless with Popfax >
Start sending, receiving, storing and signing faxes from any device.